Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Welcome to Starbucks, what kind of overpriced coffee beverage would you like to order to jump start your employed day?

OMG!  Best website ever.  Unless you don't like anything coffee related.  In that case - worst website ever!

Great websites should be all about practicality.  Like this one.  You practically have to read this blog just to get yourself out of bed in the morning, right?  Anyway, so practically speaking, I have NO money to go to starbucks, zero, none, not even some change.  (Not that change would buy me anything at Starbucks anyway.)  Coffee isn't a luxury for only the employed, instead, for many it's a necessity of life.  How can one bear to read through the help wanted ads without a cup of something caffeinated and chocolate?  The one time I had some soda with chocolate, I died.  So coffee is the only option.  Personally, I"m a fan of Iced White Chocolate Mocha's... unless it's really cold, and then I get them smokin' hot.  So, what's your favorite Starbucks drink?  Please, do not respond if your answer has "skinny" in the name.

So, if you check out this website, you'll get a list of everything you need to make great coffee drinks at home.  If you are lazy, or can't read, or are Andy - here is a picture of the ingredients you need instead.

On the left we have the Mr. Coffee Espresso Machine (the one they mention on the website!), proudly mine for almost a year now.  Purchased from Wal-mart (whose website is temporarily unavailable or I would like to the product page in case you want to know all the specs of this nifty machine).  Please ignore all the wine in the background.  None of these recipes call for wine.   On the right we have everything you need to make a chocolatey yumness (minus the thermometer - which you only need if you can't tell the difference between hot and cold with your finger).  Again - ignore the wine.  If you can read the date on the Espresso - ignore that too.  (Does anyone know how long this stuff is good for?).


Seriously - who knew I had all the ingredients in my house right now.  This is amazing.  I might just go make a drink right now. Wait - Scratch that - I do need to sleep sometime.

But I do plan on trying some new variations in the future.  I bet I can make up a new drink that's better than anything Starbucks offers anyway.  I just have to use my imagination and actually get some use out of last year's Christmas present.  If anyone has already played the make up recipes game and has any do's or don'ts those would be appreciated too.  At this point i'm planning on avoiding this... it's not good for you.




Coffee Bean No Sugar Added Vanilla Powder.  Not cocaine.  Not worth anything.  You would probably have to pay people to take it from you.  The only thing this stuff is good for is lighting on fire.  If i get a chance, I'll take a picture of it burning for you, but I can't recreate the best part....  The smell of roasted marshmallows that hangs in the air for way too long after the NSA powder is gone, and the fog that kind of chokes you just from opening the bag.  Fun times.  Too bad I recently gave up marshmallows.  and deathly clouds of non-sugar fog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visuals. How many bottles of wine do I need for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete