Friday, October 2, 2009

Free Food

Being unemployed has made me extremely tired and extremely busy this week... so i had to get my underemployed, idea-riddled friend to write his first (and hopefully not last) guest post.  So, without further ado....HERE'S ANDY!
------------------------------
If you’re anything like me you like television. And if you’re a LOT like me, you even like the commercials. I should also be able to assume that if you’re reading this blog you are no more than marginally employed, and therefore agree with everything listed here, especially the part about free food (free things in general really). 

Almost a month ago now I saw those commercials for TGIFridays starring Woody. For those of you who don’t know about this promotion (I’m talking to you people with DVR who fast forward through commercials), here is a brief explanation: Woody is a guy who made a bet with TGIFridays that he could get 500,000 fans on Facebook by September 30. He actually had that many by September 15, and has well over a million now. Because Woody won the bet, TGIFridays agreed to give a coupon for a free Jack Daniels Burger (or Chicken Sandwich) to every one of his fans. So I have been waiting for almost a month now to collect my prize…which I found in my spam filter this afternoon.

After coming down from the natural high of earning a free burger coupon valued at up to $9.49, I knew I just had to find more good deals online. So I give you, the top five best free food offers online*:

5) Dairy Queen – Join the Blizzard fan club and receive a coupon for buy one get one blizzards. Some people would tell you to get a friend to buy one and then mooch the second one, but I love blizzards so much I recommend eating them both yourself. That way you can try the blizzard of the month (pumpkin pie) and also get one of your favorite classics.

4) Qdoba – Join their eclub and receive a voucher for free Chips and Salsa.

3) Hardee's / Carl's Jr – This coupon is to promote the Hardee’s (or Carl’s Jr for you folks in Western States) ‘Get What You Deserve Campaign.’ The coupon is actually only for a free small fry to go along with your Big Hardee/Big Carl, but considering how cheap the burger itself is, it’s still a good deal. Also, from what I hear they change the offer every month or so, so you can keep checking back to see what else is available.

2) Red Robin Birthday eClub – There doesn’t look like a catch here. You just sign up with your birthday and get a burger coupon. Of course, there is an advantage for those who have a birthday coming up (you know who you are).

1) Quiznos – If you sign up for the Quiznos mailing list you can get a free Sammie. But the great thing about this is that you also get a free cookie on your birthday. So it’s two fun deals in one.


*This list is in no way an endorsement of these products. I’m writing only as a free food fan.

2 comments:

  1. My teeth look really good in that picture. I just noticed that. It's surprising what you noticed when you cover Stacey's face with a hoagie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could always just have a birthday the next day after you sign up for the red robins thing.

    ReplyDelete